TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE RETAIL TRENDS 2022 CONGRESS
These Terms and conditions specify the general rules of organisation and participation in the RETAIL TRENDS 2022 Congress held on-site.
Before you make an order, please read carefully the Terms and Conditions below. By starting to use the Service, the Participant confirms that s/he has read the Terms and Conditions, understands their contents and undertakes to comply with them.
§ 1. Definitions
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions the following terms shall mean:
• Congress – RETAIL TRENDS 2022 congress
• Organiser – Wydawnictwo Gospodarcze Sp. z o.o. with its registered office at ul. Wołoska 7, budynek Mars, klatka D, 6 piętro 02-675 Warsaw, National Court Register number KRS 0000079655, Tax ID number NIP: 525-22-27-438, Statistical ID number REGON: 017462693.
• Participant – an entity taking part in the Congress such as exhibitors, Producers, service providers, retail chains and wholesalers, partners, speakers and VIP guests.
• Producer – an individual participating in the Congress, representing a Producer, distributor, importer, supplier of goods or services to the sector or another FMCG sector entity,
• Exhibitor – an entity organising a company stand within the Congress, as well as representatives and staff of this entity,
• Partner – sponsor of the Congress,
• Speaker – an individual delivering a speech, lecture, presentation or holding another meeting as part of the Congress,
• Free-of-charge participant – persons participating in the Congress free of charge as invited by the Organiser, including Speakers, retail representatives.
• Registration Form – online registration form for Participants in the Congress.
• Business days – Mondays to Fridays, excluding public holidays
• Act – the Act on Personal Data Protection of 10 May 2018
• GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (Official Journal of the EU L 2016 No 119/1).
§ 2. Registration for the Congress
- The Participant may express their willingness to participate in the Congress through the Registration Form placed on the website: www.retailtrends.pl. To register for participation, you need to provide the required personal data and contact details as well as sector and business data of the Participant.
- Before you register your participation in the Congress, read the Terms and Conditions and confirm that you accept them.
- The registration form relates to the registration of one person.
- The person signing the form represents that s/he holds a relevant power of attorney to act on behalf and for the entity on behalf of whom s/he acts, in particular to conclude the agreement with the Organiser.
- A person signing the registration form can make statements on giving consent for direct marketing of products and services of the Organiser and its business partners, receiving commercial information of the Organiser and its business partners by electronic mail, as well as making personal data available to its business partners. Giving consents is voluntary and is not necessary for the execution of the order.
- After the registration form is sent to the electronic mail address indicated, confirmation of registration for the Congress will be sent.
- Upon receipt of the confirmation, the binding agreement of the Participant with the Organiser for the participation in the Congress will be concluded. The agreements with Partners, Exhibitors, Speakers and other particular categories of Participants may be concluded in other form agreed between the parties.
- In the case that incorrect or incomplete data are provided on the registration form, the Organiser will contact the Participant in order to complete them. If the data are not completed within 7 days from the request to complete data, the Organiser has a right not to consider the registration form or withdraw from the agreement.
- Change of the Participant shall be possible exclusively upon agreement with the Organiser.
- Resignation from the participation shall be sent by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by registered mail to the Organiser’s address. The date of delivery of such information shall be deemed the date of resignation.
§ 3. Price and payment for participation in the Congress
- The price includes participation in the Congress and the evening Gala. The Participants have a right to receive conference materials, access to the exhibition area, all-day catering.
2. The invoice is issued and sent in the electronic form after receiving the Registration Form.
3. The Organiser reserves the right not to accept the registration without stating the reason.
4. The fee should be paid within 7 days from sending the registration, but no later than until 10.05.2022 to the Wydawnictwo Gospodarcze’s account, ul. Wołoska 7, 02-675 Warsaw, 28 1240 1037 1111 0010 5236 9572. As the title of transfer please state “Retail Trends” and invoice number.
5. A failure to make a payment shall not mean a resignation from participation.
6. If you resign from the participation until 28.02.2022, the Producer undertakes to pay the fee of 20% of the value of participation in the Congress. If the Producer resigns after 28.02.2022, 100% of the participation fee in the Congress shall be charged.
7. Absence of the Producer at the Congress without prior notification to the Organiser shall result in charging full participation fee to the Producer.
8. Participation in the Congress as a free participant (including representatives of retail chains, wholesalers and VIP participants) is free of charge subject to marketing consent. The condition for free participation in the Congress is the expression of all marketing consents marked as required in the registration form. In the event of refusal to give consent, the Participant is obliged to pay a fee for participation in the Congress. The cost of participation in the event of refusal of the impression of marketing consents is calculated according to the prices of entry cards for producers, distributors and service providers, presented in § 3 of the Regulations. In this case, you must select the appropriate statement in the form.
§ 4. Performance of the service and rules of participation in the Congress online and on-site
- Upon completion of registration and payment of the fee, the Participant will receive a confirmation of participation in the Congress at the e-mail address provided on the registration form.
- The Participant undertakes to participate in the Congress in compliance with the legal provisions, not infringing the rights and good name of third parties.
- The Participant is obliged to move around the area of the Congress with the visibly placed badge. Participants’ badges including such data as the name of the Participant, their position, name of represented entity, company logo will be issued at the Congress reception.
- The Organiser can register, archive and share the course of the Congress, including the image and statements of the Participants. The Organiser may also disseminate the image of Participants for the purposes related to the organisation of the Congress and promotion of the Company and this event by recording in the form of photography and/or video recordings (including photo- and video coverage of the Congress) and its publication in the materials related to the organisation and promotion of the Congress such as:
– personal invitations to the Congress sent to the participants,
– mailings, leaflets, event brochures,
– website and social media of the Congress and/or Company,
– wiadomoscihandlowe.pl portal and Wiadomości Handlowe magazine.
The image will be used free of charge, without limitations as to the form of the presentation, number of copies, media of its usage, place and time of publication, commentary or combinations with other images or materials. The Participant agrees to the above actions of the Organiser.
5. If during the Congress the Participant discloses information constituting a business secret or data protected under separate regulations, s/he is obliged to inform the Organiser about it. Until such information is provided, the Organiser shall be entitled to take the actions indicated in this paragraph without incurring any liability to the Participant or any third party.
6. The Organiser reserves the possibility of making changes to the Congress’s programme or conditions of its organisation for important reasons, which shall not constitute a breach of the Terms and Conditions, as well as the possibility of cancelling the Congress.
§ 5. Recommendations for the Congress Participants in connection with the epidemic
- Please read the COVID-19 epidemic code of conduct and adhere strictly to the signs and instructions on the Congress site and to the directions of the staff.
- If you develop any worrying symptoms (persistent cough, malaise, difficulty breathing, fever), do not come to the meeting area, stay at home and contact a doctor by phone for medical advice or a regional sanitary and epidemiological station or infectious diseases ward, and if your condition deteriorates, call 999 or 112 and tell them you may be infected with coronavirus.
- It is recommended that people over 70 years of age and with chronic diseases (high-risk groups) not participate in the Congress.
- It is mandatory to apply personal protection measures (face masks, shields and disposable gloves) in every closed room and in every case when it is not possible to maintain the necessary social distance in the open space – during the Congress, as well as during its preparation and conclusion (assembly/disassembly).
- You should wash your hands with soap and water or disinfect your hands before entering the facility and before each meeting held in a different room. Follow the instructions placed over the sink and disinfect the dried hands with an alcohol-based agent (min. 60%).
- It is necessary to maintain physical distance between other people and to maintain safety at work in accordance with the applicable legal regulations (recommended min. 1.5-2m distance).
- When coughing and sneezing, cover the mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue – throw the tissue into a closed dust bin as soon as possible and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face with your hands, especially your mouth, nose and eyes.
§ 6. Complaints
- The Participant can make complaints related to the service performance by the Organiser. The complaint can be filed in the electronic form to the address: email@example.com.
- The person making the complaint should provide their details, including contact information and a description of the reason for the complaint. Complaints that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- The Organiser shall consider the complaint no later than within 14 days and reply to the electronic mail address provided in the complaint.
§ 7. Intellectual Property/Copyright
- The contents (presentations, recordings of speeches and lectures) presented within the Online Platform constitute a work within the meaning of the provisions of the Act on Copyright and Related Rights of 4 February 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2016, item 666, as amended), and are intended for the Participant’s personal use. Participants may not reproduce, duplicate, distribute, market or make available to third parties the aforementioned contents.
2. Participants do not have a right to record in any way the contents and course of the Congress without prior written consent of the Organiser.
3. All rights, including copyrights and intellectual property rights to: materials, presentations, recordings, speeches, names of the services, the Internet domain, the Website and the content contained therein, including the content of the Webinar and related materials, all presented as part of the Congress, belong to the Organiser or third parties, and the use of such materials may only take place upon the consent of the Organiser or third parties. The Participant may not reproduce, duplicate, distribute, market or make available to third parties the aforementioned contents.
§ 8. Personal Data Protection
- The Controller of personal data of the Participant who is an individual and the staff and representatives of the Participants within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter: GDPR) is the Organiser (hereinafter: “Controller”).
- To any matters relating to the processing of personal data and exercising your rights related to the processing of personal data, please contact our Personal Data Officer at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
• organisation of the Congress – the legal basis is the necessity of the data processing in order to conclude and perform the agreement in case of contractual parties or the Controller’s legitimate interest in other cases (Article 6(1)(b) or (f) of the GDPR),
• the Controller’s accounting and tax settlements – the legal basis is the necessity of the processing to fulfil a legal obligation of the Controller (Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR),
• conducting marketing activities and promotion of the Controller’s and third parties’ products and services and to make the data available to these entities, including for profiling – the legal basis is the consent granted or the implementation of the Controller’s or third party’s legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(a) or (f) of the GDPR),
The list of partner entities is available at the request made at the email address: email@example.com, whereas the list of RETAIL TRENDS 2022 Partners is available at www.retailtrends.pl/partnerzy/.
• registration, storage, making available and dissemination the course of the event in the form of an image and sound, including also statements and images of the Participants and their representatives and personnel, as well as dissemination of these materials – the legal basis is the acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and pursuing of the legitimate interests of the Controller in the form of promotion and archiving (Article 6(1)(b) and (f) of the GDPR),
• handling organisational, administrative and IT service and security of the Congress, including contacting with the Participants and their representatives and personnel – the legal basis is pursuing of the legitimate interests of the Controller (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR),
• the assertion and defence of claims and for archiving purposes – the legal basis is pursuing of the legitimate interests of the Controller (Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR).
4. Providing personal data is a condition of agreement conclusion, if you do not provide them, you cannot take part in the Congress. We have obtained data of the representatives and staff from your employers.
5. Your personal data can be used for making automated decisions, including profiling, to match the offers to your preferences.
6. Personal data will be stored for the following periods:
• to the extent necessary for execution of the agreement – throughout its term,
• with regard to accounting and tax data, until the expiry of the limitation period for fiscal and accounting obligations related to the accounting records,
• with regard to the consent given – until it is revoked,
• to the extent to which personal data are processed on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Controller – until this interest has been pursued or until effective objection is raised.
After these periods, we will process the data until the expiry of the limitation period for any civil law claims arising from the agreement or the business relationships.
7. The recipient of data can be:
• entities providing services to the Controller (i.e. IT and technical support services, accounting services, archiving, document digitalisation and destruction services, marketing agencies, catering companies and companies organising the congress, security services, external auditors, consulting and legal companies), whereby such entities process data as subcontractors, on the basis of a contract with the Controller and exclusively in accordance with its instructions,
• independent external service providers, suppliers, partners, (e.g. postal and operational services, financial and insurance services, document management services),
• law enforcement agencies and state authorities, when this is required by the applicable law.
8. You have the right to:
• access your data, request their rectification, deletion or limitation of their processing and – to the extent provided for in the agreement and consent – transfer your personal data,
• withdraw consent, whereby the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing carried out before its withdrawal,
• object to the processing of personal data insofar as the processing is based on the Controller’s legitimate interest,
• lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, if you decide that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
To exercise the above rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer via the email address stated above.
§ 9. Final provisions
- The Terms and Conditions are made available free of charge on the Organiser’s website in the form allowing them to be acquired, reproduced and recorded in any form and on any medium.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions. The Organiser announces the amendments to the Terms and Conditions on the website at least 7 days before these amendments enter into force. An amendment to the Terms and Conditions shall enter into force within 7 days from the publication. Furthermore, the Participants are informed of any amendments to the Terms and Conditions by sending information to the e-mail address provided on the Registration Form no later than 7 days before the amendment to the Terms and Conditions enters into force. If within 7 days of the date of delivery of the e-mail message, referred to in the preceding sentence, the person does not inform the Organiser of non-acceptance of the amendment to the Terms and Conditions, s/he will be bound by the Terms and Conditions in the new wording.
- The Terms and Conditions and contractual relationships between the Participant and the Organiser shall be governed by Polish law and concluded in Polish.
- In the event of a dispute arising under the concluded agreement for the provision of electronic services, the parties will seek to resolve the matter amicably. The governing law for resolution of any disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be the Polish law.